Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy 4th of July



I had a wonderful day today. I spent several hours at White River Gardens and Butterfly Exhibit. The zoo and the gardens are together and for the price of admission you get to enjoy both. I had planned to walk through the zoo but it was packed today. They literally had to close the parking lot at one point because it was full. Thankfully most of the people were at the zoo and I was able to enjoy the gardens at a leisurely pace. The butterfly exhibit was a bit crowded though but it was still fun.


We finished off our day in Indy with a stop by the Chocolate Cafe. Hubby and I shared Chocolate Eruption Cheesecake. Oh, wow, was it ever yummy!

I'll be sharing some of my pictures from the gardens over the next few days. I spent most of my time trying to get pictures of dragonflies at the garden ponds.

I hope all of my American friends have a wonderful 4th of July celebration!

9 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Happy 4th of July to you too Robin. I can't wait to see your photos.

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July Robin. Sounds like you & hubby had a great day. That cheesecake looks delicious!!! ;)

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

Yummmmmm chocolate cheesecake! wow! Happy 4th.

Carol Michel said...

Have a great day. Hopefully, we'll get some rain in central Indiana, but not have it ruin too many outdoor plans!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I am looking forward to seeing your photos,sounds delightful.And that Cheesecake,oh my,YUMMY!
Blessings,Ruth

Sherri said...

Happy 4th to you too Robin!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Fourth to you too Robin! That chocolate dessert looks decadently delicious. Like you, I would have been perfectly content to skip the zoo and see the gardens in peace and quiet. I love butterfly houses too, as you well know. I had my first fluttering visitor recently, and will post a photo soon.

Rose said...

That chocolate cheesecake looks delicious! I've visited two butterfly exhibits in the last few months and enjoyed them immensely--looking forward to your photos. It rained all day here today, so the Fourth activities were postponed, but my garden certainly appreciated the rain. Happy Fourth to you!

Jesikarena said...

Cant wait to see your pics from the garden! : )