Saturday, June 23, 2007

May Dreams Garden Questions

Carol from May Dreams Gardens asked some gardening questions, ( http://maydreamsgardens.blogspot.com/2007/06/five-oh-oh.html) in honor of her 500th post. Here are my answers to her questions.

What are you most proud of about your garden? I am most proud of my new patio wall and the fact that I did it myself with some muscle help from my son. It has added a sense of privacy and enclosure and we all love it.

When you go to sleep at night, what are you worried about in your garden? I am not usually a worrier and I try not to focus on negative things before bed. During the day however I was concerned about our lack of rain. (Right now, I hear the rain outside and it is a wonderful sound.)

When others come and see your garden, what do you think they remember most about it? I'm not sure, hopefully they won't remember all of my messy unfinished projects. Right now it's not very memorable but I'm working hard to change that. What I hope they will remember one day, is when they sat in my yard they felt a wonderful sense of rest, peace and tranquility as they enjoyed the beauty of flowers, butterflies and birds.

What is your favorite gardening tool, the one you would recommend every Gardner get? I don't really have any special or high class gardening tools. I just make do with what I have. Hopefully one day I can splurge on special tools. Right now, I guess the tool I use the most is a tough little Scotts tool that should have been part of an interlocking system. I never even bought the handle because I picked up this attachment on clearance many years ago, and the store no longer carried the handle. I use it every time I garden. It is kind of like a hand held hoe, but it's more like a scraper with a somewhat sharp blade. I always use it to weed, edge, remove grass, dig small holes for planting flowers, loosen up hard soil. I have three of them and it is one tool I wouldn't want to garden without. I can't recommend it to any one because I believe it was discontinued.

If you woke up this morning with all the time and money in the world to spend in your garden, what would you do first? This is a fun question. I'd buy a whole new garden (land), with a new house on it. One that isn't near a common area and has privacy. I'd love to have more space so that I could attempt to copy Yolanda Elizabet's kitchen garden at Bliss. Of course mine would never be as beautiful as hers, but I'd love to have that for my goal.

Thank you, Carol, for sharing your gardening experience with us through your entertaining, informative and beautifully written blog. Congratulations on your 500th post!

1 comment:

Carol Michel said...

Thanks for answering the questions. I like your answer to the last question... buy a whole new garden! That's a good idea, if money is no object.