Thursday, April 12, 2007

More Snow Today

I can't believe that it snowed again today; its April 12th and I am so ready for warmer weather. I thought the groundhog said that it would be an early spring. I was counting on it, especially since our winter was so mild. I planted my seeds early and if it doesn't warm up soon my some of my largest coleus will be ruined. I'm ready to get these plants in my flower beds.

The pampas grass is getting pretty tall now.

It is funny how some of the coleus are really tiny and some are over nine inches tall. They are all from the same seed package and grown in the same conditions.


One purple wave petunia is already sporting a flower bud.




3 comments:

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Hi Robin,

Too bad that winter is still with you but Spring will come knocking at your door soon!

Your seedlings look good and what a lot you've got. It looks very professional!

Have a lovely weekend!

Carol Michel said...

Robin... I hate to tell you that our frost free date around here is May 10th, but a few years ago we had frost on May 20th, so you have to be careful and make sure the weather has "settled" before you plant frost-tender plants outside. Your seedlings look very nice and healthy!

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Yonanda, thank you. I am certainly ready to open that door and welcome spring.

Carol, I had read somewhere that my frost free date was April 22, I can't remember if I saw that on the Purdue site or elsewhere. I had no idea it was as late as May 20th. I also was hoping that since we had such a mild winter, that this year the groundhog forecast would be correct and that spring would be early. Wishful thinking. I'll know better next year. Thank you.